Friday, November 20, 2009

chycks choice.6

(photo from Minneapolis Star Tribune)

This is a photo of Carl and Bill Larson, ages 95 and 98, eating krumkake and drinking coffee at their family farm.
Their story is like something straight from Garrison Keillor's "Lake Wobegon". They are the epitome
of his "Norwegian Bachelor Farmers". They have lived together on the family farm raising prize-winning
Belgian horses their entire lives except for three years when they served in WWII. Last week Carl (98) died
out working on the farm, and when he didn't return home, Bill (95) went to look for him. He fell
and suffered exposure from spending the night outside, but is fine now. They made me smile and cry!

I had loaded in a snarky picture to illustrate the kind of snarky day I was having, but alas,
all that snarkage for nothing. (and who could be snarky in the presence of Bill and Carl.)
Since my first post this morning, the washing machine has been delivered (and works).
The mammo is over with and was "good to go," and my attitude has improved greatly.
So - a new picture, one from Frost last monday, that I took out in the driveway, in my
jammies, at 7 am. I'm sure the neighbors just shake their heads with wonder at what kind
of strange stuff goes on at "that house across the street."

No comments:

Post a Comment