Friday, November 27, 2009

Russia




This is a photo of a painting in the Russian Museum in St. Petersburg. Its an incredible
museum of Russian art just a few blocks from the Hermitage, another incredible
museum of art from the rest of the world. For me, this image is a nice representation
of the combination of the rich cultural, historical and artistic history of the city and
the stoic nature of the people. (The umbrella is pretty accurate too, if you happen
to visit in November!)
My favorite picture from Rachel's photo's. It looks beautiful and intricate, but also kind
of dreary and stoic - which is about what the whole population of Russia sounds like
from Rachel's stories. I like the juxtaposition of the details against the misty background.
An amazing trip - I wish I had gone along!

No comments:

Post a Comment